24 July 2012

To Paris, with love

With the receipt of my passport in the mail yesterday, I can check one more thing off my list.  I'm one step (and one day) closer to my trip to Paris! I don't know if I told you all, but I'm going to Paris for my birthday in November. The flight has been booked.  I'm very excited. I'm currently trying to learn as much french as possible. I'll also have a 12 hour layover in Dublin, which I'm looking forward to as well.
I've always wanted to go to Paris. I never thought I'd go without my wife or my fiance or a girlfriend. I have neither, and with my luck, I doubt I'd even have a serious girlfriend by then, but this is going to be a  big birthday for me, and meeting friends at some dive bar wouldn't cut it. I needed to do something special, something big. I need to do it big, even if it's by myself. I have a friend in the UK so while I'm in France, I'll take the chunnel to see her as well. I'll be there for 2 whole weeks!
God willing, I will wake up in a hotel room in Paris, and be 50 yrs old. That's right, I will be old.  I feel older than I'd ever imagine I would feel at this age. That is because most of the things  I have dreamed of  and aspired to has not come to fruition yet. Perhaps being in Paris will soften the blow and give me some wonderful memories. Knowing my luck, I'll meet a woman with potential, 2 days before I return to The States.

2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

I want to go

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'With the receipt of my passport in the mail yesterday, I can check one more thing off my list. I'm one step (and one day) closer to my trip to Paris! I don't know if I told you all, but I'm going to Paris for my birthday in November. The flight has been booked. I'm very excited. I'm currently trying to learn as much french as possible. I'll also have a 12 hour layover in Dublin, which I'm looking forward to as well.'

I saw Paris when I was little, but have seen Dublin as an adult. Both worth it. Two of the best. Glad for you. Keep in shape and be a young in the 50s. God willing.