03 June 2023

8candleMcqueen

 So, 

I thought my book Designer Strait Jackets & Other Novellas was ready to be submitted to literary agents, but I became obsessed with one more idea, and after I started, the above title came to me as a wifi password in a dream. As it became the name of the story, I had to then figure out how to incorporate it into the story, and then I found the story steering in a different direction. I'm still interested in the initial idea, but I made the mistake of making the personality of a main character so strong, so quirky and so disturbing that she's becoming the main character. In my mind, in my stories, I have the beginning, the climax and the end, and it's getting from one part to the next.  The story is becoming something about her craziness, but the story is not meant to be about her.  Her son is the main character, and this story is about him seeking and getting revenge on his parents.   I'm wondering if I should fade out his character and make the story about her.... stay tuned. 

follow me @ https://soultight.blogspot.com/


No comments: