24 June 2023

-let me know

 I looked for you today.

After I left the barbershop I went to a coffeeshop with my knapsack. I working on the climax of a short story I'm writing and I need to write every thought I had in my head  to see what would work). A friend suggested I start going to new places regularly, so I went to the coffee shop around the corner from me, but it was packed. There was no seating and there was a line of people waiting for their orders and waiting to place orders, so I left. 

I looked for you today.

There's a Starbucks in the Hyatt Regency around the corner from me. In the past I have stopped by there on my way home from the barbershop, so today I stopped by there, got my coffee and sat down. There were people there, coming and going. I pulled out my pen, pad and headphones, but thought that headphones might keep people from approaching me, so I left the headphones on the table and and my writing.  I saw no one that caught my interest and about 90 minutes later, I packed up and left. Then I remembered a friend from Minneapolis likes a particular coffee shop on Prospect St called Collectivo, and I went there and did the same thing.  I saw no one that caught my interest and about an hour later, I packed up and left. I know I probably will need to go these places regularly. 

I looked for you today.

I was hungry and a Korean restaurant was a block away from Collectivo. I had always wanted to try their food, so I went there. It was empty. I discovered after I was seated that it had only been open for 3 minutes. So I ate my meal and I left. 

I looked for you today.

I went to Liliput Records for some Vinyl. I'm looking for house music and some dembo. I found some great dance music and I paid for my purchase and I left.

I looked for you today.

It was a beautiful day so I needed a reason to stay outside but I couldn't find a reason, so I went to the gym. 

I looked for you today.

After I left the gym I went home, showered, changed clothes, and I went to Milwaukee Public Market, got some clam chowder and a beer and I went outside and people watched. Then about an hour later left. I went home and took a nap. 

I looked for you today.

I'd like to think you were looking for me too. Please let me know where you are so that I can find you.

It's 10 pm on a saturday night and I am home, with no plans. 

  

Tomorrow I'll be at church though. Will you be there?




currently listening to I Wish U Heaven, by Prince


No comments: