02 August 2009

This morning-Today



I got the day off to a good start.

I fought every excuse to stay in bed;

I got out of bed and got ready for church.

I fought every excuse to not go because I was already late;

I went to church.

I couldn't find the right parking lot; fought every excuse to go home since I wasn't sure the church was still renting the high school auditorium for their services;

I drove around and saw a sign that said; 'Mt Olivet Baptist Church, this way,' with an arrow pointed in the direction in which I was driving.

I fought every excuse to get back in my car and drive home since I was late;

I kept on walking towards the door.

I decided I couldn't go that far to turn around, and besides, I know God would have appreciated if I went, so I could fellowship with other Christians.

I'm glad I did.

I got the week off to a good start!