11 January 2011

I was about to say that I had a really strange dream last night, but I always have strange dreams, however, this one was more like a message of sorts, perhaps to push me to stop procrastinating. Sometimes I think that God puts certain people in my dreams to make me take notice. I mean, I can only have so many dreams where both Halle Berry and Janet Jackson  and sometimes Vanessa Williams are fighting over me, right?
Well, in this dream, Victoria Rowell was angry with me.   I'm pretty sure that God chose her because I used to LOVE her when she played Drucilla on The Young & The Restless (yes, I used to watch that show) and I missed seeing her, though I haven't seen or thought about her in years.  Anyway she said:

Victoria:      I'm mad at you
Me:            Why? What did I do?
Victoria:     It's what you're not doing.
Me:            What do you mean?
Victoria:     You're not writing anything for me. You got a whole collection of stories you wrote with Halle
                  in mind. Well I can do them too! I can play a Bipolar mom in an  alternate  uniiverse who's  obsessed with getting her right hand cut off

who has 6 kids who escaped from a fire returning with 7 kids, better than her.
Me:            You just combined 4 of my short stories into one.
Victoria:      And I can play them all!
Then I looked at her again and she was Halle, who smiled at me and said :thank you. now get started.

Seriously. Every story I write is filled  only with black characters in mind, and I write them as if Halle Berry asked me to write a good character story for her. I know it was a dream, but Victoria/ or Halle was right. I need to get started, and work harder on my collection.
 I haven't seen Victoria Rowell or Sanaa Lathan or Gabrielle Union or Angela Bassett or Nia Long or or Alfre Woodard or Taraji P Henson or Cynda Williams or Sheryl Lee Ralph or Tamara Tunie or  Victoria Dillard or N’Bushe Wright or Lisa Gay Hamilton or Merrin Dungey or Troy Beyer or Vanessa Bell Calloway or Tisha Campbell-Martin or Aisha Tyler or Tatyana Ali  or Kellita Smith or Jenifer Lewis or Rochelle Aytes, or Viveca A Fox, etc, in anything, for a while.

2 comments:

Reggie said...

I don't claim to be Martin Luther King, Jr, but I've had a dream or two myself. In my dreams Vanessa Williams and Halle Berry give me spankings because I've been a very bad boy; but I wouldn't kick Victoria out of bed for eating crackers.

She is quite a dish.

Daij said...

LOL u so funny, Reggie!

I dream of that as well. Sometimes Janet is in them.