25 January 2011

sometimes

 I Wish...
  • I learned French, Farsi, Arabic, Portuguese and Chinese when I was younger
  • I could leave the backstabbers completely to God
  • Some rich person would come along to pay all my bills out of the goodness of their heart
  • Marvin Gaye was still alive
  • There was a cure for all diseases
  • I was at least 6 feet tall
  • New York State's adoption records laws weren't sealed.
  • Morning wouldn't come so quickly
  • J Dilla was still alive
  • Prince would produce music as great as those of the 1999 and Purple Rain  era
  • Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne and those of that ilk would fade into oblivion.
  • Oprah would discover me
  • People could show up on time
  • Sarah Palin would, as Barbara Bush said, stay in Alaska
  • Valentine's Day was further away
  • Everyone had food, shelter and clothing
  • People weren't so selfish
  • Love would hurry the hell up
  • I could read minds
  • Black producers would come along and produce black dramas that are Oscar-worthy
  • I was 10 years younger
  • I knew the truth a long time ago
  • Omnitrace  would call me with answers to all my questions instead of avoiding me since I paid them in full


2 comments:

Just Kel said...

Hahaha to Valentine's Day... Buddy, it's 'round the corner!

Though I'm not a fan of the overpriced flowers and trinkets. Love Day is everyday!

I too wish everyone had food, shelter, clothing and I'll add safety.

I wish Marvin and Michael were still alive.

I wish I could let go trust in the power of true love...

Daij said...

Safety- that's a good one. Wish I had included that. Yes, love day is every day.