19 January 2011

The right hook

Some people play with fire without knowing that the fire is hot.
                                   --George Orwell


(you don’t notice my right hand
but I do.
I can feel it.
you’re too busy trying to stir up shit on a daily basis
on the down-low
to realize
that the palm of my hand is slowly collecting each finger
to form a fist
with your name on it,
on a daily basis.
feeling like a fifty-pound weight.
on a daily basis.
but the fingers on my left hand are peeling back each finger
to shake your hand instead.
on a daily basis. 
you're pretty versatile;
you have  perfected the art of hugging 
while stabbing
but my eyes are open.
&  I’m not about to let everything I worked so hard for go down the drain in seconds,
over you.
and that's all it would take.
seconds-
 5.
that's all.
it's not even a challenge.


so every morning, 
I take a deep breath,
I pray for protection,
&
I continue reciting Isaiah 54:17
until I can smile.
I’m not a violent man-
but I can dream,
can’t I ?

don’t tempt me, though)

Have a nice day!


  :)

--alexgeorge

5 comments:

25champ said...

wow! i've been there bruh resently. Great Post!

Daij said...

Thanks man! I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way sometimes.

Wonder Man said...

I've been there

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

I hear you Daij. They better back up off you! They clearly don't know. LOL!

Daij said...

LOL, like the poem says, "I’m not about to let everything I worked so hard for go down the drain in seconds, but I can dream, can't I?"

I have the same daydream every day. As a matter of fact, I had it a few minutes ago.