11 January 2012

Damn, damn, damn

                             Halle Berry Engaged to Olivier Martinez
"I will never marry again," Halle Berry declared to Oprah in 2004. "I mean it with every bone in my body." Three years later, the twice-divorced star promised In Style, "I will never, never get married again."
But Halle apparently just needed the proper motivation to rethink her anti-matrimonial stance.
People Magazine confirms that Halle, 45, has accepted a diamond-and-emerald engagement ring from her French actor beau, Olivier Martinez.
The bauble, from jewelry designer Gurhan, appears to be the same eye-catching accessory that Berry stepped out sporting last week, setting off a new round of betrothal speculation.
Us Weekly says Martinez, who hooked up with Halle while filming the still-on-the-shelf thriller "Dark Tide" in the summer of 2010, popped the question over the holidays.
An insider tells the mag that the Oscar winner "had given up on being married, but she trusts Olivier. He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
That trust was in evidence on New Year's Day, when paparazzi captured Martinez, who turns 46 on Thursday, playing on a Malibu beach with her 3-year-old daughter. Halle's five-year romance with Nahla's dad, model Gabriel Aubry, ended in early 2010, and they spent much of last year tussling over custody issues.

--courtesy, wonderwall.com

My day was good until I heard this.   :(     Maybe the third times' the charm.

5 comments:

25champ said...

love changes everything and there is no1 and nothing that can predict when it walks in2 their life..it just shows the power of love will always changer ur mind

Moanerplicity said...

I know you're all hurt-up, mane. But breeeeeeeve! BREEEEEVE! I really hope the 3rd time's the charm. Seen this cat in a HBO flick where he squinted those eyes, pursed them lips, said some clipped smart-assed ish & was brutally cold emotionally to this older woman (Helen Mirren)... & it was chilling. Yes, I realize he was only acting, but I'd hate to think of our Halle May on the chilled side of that ish!

Oh well. I wish her the best.

One.

Daij said...

@Moanerplicity, to be completely honest, I always wish the best for everyone, but I take solace in the fact that her relationships always fail. I'll probably be in the running for husband #7 or 8. Unless I'm married to someone else at the time.

Don said...

Halle Berry must've really had her feelings hurt by the brothers.

46 years old and looking like a young stallion.

Daij said...

True dat, Don. True dat