01 January 2012

Day 1

I can’t believe Christmas has come and gone already.  I had a terrible Christmas week at home and I said goodbye to 2011 and I welcomed 2012 at church, on my knees.  I hope all of you had a fun and enjoyable Christmas holiday. I'm hoping that 2012  will be good to me.
I've made a few resolutions the other day and as the first few days of 2012 go by, I may add more to the list, according to my mood, my needs, and my reality. The overall theme though, will be that  falure is not an option.
As I write this, what first comes to mind is procrastination.I've been pretty good at blogging, and not so good at my short story novella writing. I always planned on writing a thousand words a day, but life always seemed to get in the way.  I kept putting it off to tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow. Well tomorrow came today. I made it come today. I had breakfast with a good friend, and when I got home, I opened a bottle of champagne, and  I've been sipping and writing since then. I worked on three short stories novellas that had been in my head the past few months. I wrote 75 pages today. I'm happy. I have 4 more short story novella ideas in my head to put on paper. Once I've edited what I've written today, I will start on them, while sending out individual manuscripts for publication. Hopefully by Mid- February, Designer Strait Jackets and other Stories will be ready to send to publishers.

Banana Cake with Hazelnut  Buttercreme frosting
There are other things I tend to put of as well, but that was last year. In 2011, I've baked about thirty-four cakes, 10 of which were for birthday or other celebration gifts, 12 for dinner parties of which I was responsible for desserts, 8 cakes that were ordered, and about 4 cakes given to friends for no reason,  all from recipes that are in my head. I hope, this year, like in my previous resolutions, not to do anything out of the goodness of my heart for those that don't appreciate it, to start charging for the cakes that I am asked to bake and maybe even write a cookbook.


There are other things I tend to put off as well, but that was last year. Failure is not an option in 2012. 




6 comments:

Wonder Man said...

writing can be tough, but it's rewarding. Please, go for it

Reggie said...

I've never baked a cake in my life.........but I do love to eat them.

Daij said...

@ Wonderman, thank you! @ Reggie, u funny as hell!

Don said...

Good luck on your writings and future publications. You appear to be very good at writing.

You've baked about thirty-four cakes more, this year, than I've baked my entire life. Lol.

Don said...

Good luck on your writings and future publications. You appear to be very good at writing.

You've baked about thirty-four cakes more, this year, than I've baked my entire life. Lol.

Daij said...

LOL! I've already baked 4 since the beginning of the year