16 June 2010

Overheard

this evening at a sushi restaurant (mid conversation)

Younger woman: are you still with Scott?

Older woman: I told you, it’s not a fling. It’s the real thing.
Younger woman: Mom, he’s going to hurt you the same way he’s hurt me.
Older woman: Girl, get over it. That was years ago. He got over it. Why can't you?
Younger woman : Hmm I wonder why I haven't gotten over the fact that he f****d Alicia, my best friend and got her pregnant.
Older woman: Have you seen him and his son? He's such a good man. He's a good father to that boy. Not like your dad.
Younger woman: Oh yeah, so good a man that she had to have a paternity test to prove the baby was his? He didn't want to have anything to do with that boy.
Older woman: He was 19 then. And immature. He's learned from his mistakes. Can't you give him some slack? Damn!
Younger woman: Mom, he’s your son in-law.
Older woman: Ex-son in law. Besides, he’s been out of your life for what? 5 yrs? You’ve remarried and you and Owen have a family of your own. Why are you concerned with who Scott dates?
Younger woman: Because he's dating you.
Older woman: I think you protest too much. Is it the age thing? Are you ashamed? Young men with cougars is in these days. Look at Ashton and Demi.
Younger woman: Ma, you’re old enough to be Demi Moore’s mother, and Scott is only 26.
Older woman: Scott doesn’t have a problem with it. You’re just jealous of our love.
The younger woman looks at her mother as if trying to shoot lasers at her before her mother changes the subject

3 comments:

25champ said...

Wheres the code of conduct. Ppl feel that they have the right to do whatever they want. A line has to be drawn somewhere. Wow!

Daij said...

I agree! I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Don said...

Disheartening conversation, to say the least. What's funny is - the older woman knows that it's not even love. Sounds like some old nasty ass freak ish, if you ask me.