22 June 2010

Preface to The Love Experience, Pt.1

In the beginning, God...



This familiar phrase is part of the very first verse of the Bible, and taking this line literally seems to indicate a starting point in history.  The Bible begins with God, who was already in existence and acting prior to the creation of both time and space. Throughout the Bible, we are told that God is eternal (not created) and transcendent to the physical universe.
Proverbs 3:6 says, In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths. Being that I acknowledge God's existence in my life, and that, according to Psalm 139:13 "for He created my innermost being by knitting me together  in my mother's womb",  I want and need for God to be at the forefront, or the beginning of everything I compose.

In the preface to my poetry collection The Love Experience, Pt.1 (of which I'm trying to get published), these are the first 4 words you will see:  In the beginning, God...

Hopefully the words I wrote will be pleasing unto Him-

I'm trying to get it published and I've been getting rejections, but I'm ok with that.  Tyler Perry once said  "I can get a million no's from people, but all I need is one yes from God."   

That statement pretty much sums it up for me.

2 comments:

25champ said...

Yes indeed. Your rejection will turn into perserverance. In the right direction with God at the forefront :)

Daij said...

True! Thanks for reading!