19 July 2010

I love:

 God, my family, friends, Mc Donalds coffee, love, Old school R & B, Prince, love, Janet Jackson, love, D’Angelo, Luther Vandross' A house is not a home, love, love, Dwele, Bjork, laughter, love, Jill Scott, love, Erykah Badu, love, Jimmy Jam &Terry Lewis, love, the weekends! love,cooking and baking for friends and family, love, wit, sarcasm, when my mother brags to any 1 who will listen about how good a son I am, love, individuality, love, confidence, love, good wine, the light scent of perfume on a woman, a smile,  love, intellectual conversations, people who speak up when they see something wrong or someone doing something wrong.love, sunshine, soaking in the hottub afer my workout, love, the sun shining on me, my wisconsin t shirts, sleeping in on rainy Saturday mornings with someone I loved, a romantic movie, black people in love, love, couples holding hands, love, a father spending quality time with his infant kids, love, the truth, the sound of my God Daughters voice, Project Runway (yeah, I do), text messages from my nephew after school, knowing that people will reap what they sow, love, nice people, love, laughing with someone at something funny, love, traveling, love, poetry, money, love, writers that make me think, dress shirts & ties, suits, jeans, attention.  and last but not the least, me.    oh, and of course, love. and love. and love. and love.


I was going to have this entry be about things I loved and hated, but I recalled at the beginning of the year stating that I was going to be all about love.

What do you love?

This is a repost- some things added or subtracted to fit today.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I love my family, bf, friends, churchmates and people around whose been so dear. Learning to love enemies, too.

I love blogging, art, photography, meeting people, internet, christian music (contemporary and classic), to write and many other interests.

I am passionate about God and I am myself's bestfriend.

Daij said...

I need to love my enemies as well. I'm working on that!

Val said...

Great post, Daij! I think I'm going to try to write a post like this. Love is a great topic! You keep inspiring me! Thanks. :-)

Daij said...

Thank you! I feel the same about your posts!

Moanerplicity said...

I love any day when I can learn something new.

I love how poetry has the power to color me, un-blue.

I love this sound of the smiles I see on the well-loved faces of people I love.

I love the sound of children make, especially their screams of glee.

I love when older, wiser souls share a piece of their wisdom with me.

I love the way my body used to feel, after a well-paced 5 mile run.

I love to drive with my eyes closed down a winding road, with my Faith riding shotgun.


One.

Daij said...

All that sounds good, except that last one- I did that once, actually falling asleep, and I damaged my car

Felicia Monique said...

<3 this post!

Daij said...

Thanks Felicia!