27 July 2010

u've earned my affection

my affection
:
you
‘ve
earned it.
understanding;
knowing what you had to do
to prove that you were capable of loving me righteously

by not asking for it,
by not caring about
what I don’t have;
seeing past the rumours the misinterpretations misunderstandings
the lies
his lies her lies their lies
the lies of the world
lies that have been told so often that even I began to believe them
& feel them.
& act accordingly.
but you saw past them
not seeing what you want to see
you were suspecting,
determined.
somehow squeezing beauty out of
what I thought was ugly.
exposing what I didn’t know was inside me.

I have to admit to
ignoring you,
not feeling that I deserved your affection
initially.
but I learned to be obedient.

and who am I to be loved so righteously-
needing you the way Adam needed Eve
?
and who am I to be loved the way God meant for me to be loved
?

Only He knows.

(I’ll take
it)

--alex george

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Beautiful poem. A wonderful sense of spirituality lives at the core of it. Nice work, man.


One.

Daij said...

Thank you! Appreciate that!