09 July 2010

I will persist until I succeed

  • Scroll I - Today I begin a new life. 
  • Scroll II - I will greet this day with love in my heart. 
  • Scroll III - I will persist until I succeed.
  •  Scroll IV - I am nature's greatest miracle. 
  • Scroll V - I will live this day as if it is my last. 
  • Scroll VI - Today I will be master of my emotions. 
  • Scroll VII - I will laugh at the world (Keep perspective)  
  • Scroll VIII - Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.  
  • Scroll IX - I will act now, I will act now, I will act now.  
  • Scroll X - I will pray for guidance.
                                 --from The Greatest Salesman In the World,  written by Augustine "Og" Mandino II.                    
A friend recently gave me this book to read.
In the book, In Scroll IX, the phrase I will act now is written 18 times. The author recognized that all successful people take on their own lives by "charting" or consciously choosing both the desired destination and the path to reach it. Mandino's philosophical messages have Christian undertones. They are encouragements to build good habits, to live according to the laws that govern abundance and to find a vigor and joy in life as we learn to stand at the helm of our ship charting its course into the safety of the harbor instead of just waiting for someone else to bring it in.

I know, it sounds like I'm preaching to the choir, but I needed this book.


 

No comments: