26 July 2010

Tell me something good

7/16/10

All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


While saving up money for a down payment for a car, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I had paid a certain company over a thousand bucks last year for services not rendered, and when the  Better Business Bureau asked how I’d like the issue resolved, I stated that I wanted all my money back.
I expected resistence.
Within 24 hours, the head of the company left a voicemail, asking for my address so that he could send me a check for the full amount within 10 business days, and he asked me to please tell the Better Business Bureau that the issue has been resolved.
I got down on my knees immediately and thanked God. Then I called him back, gave him my address and told him I would notify the Better Business Bureau after the check has cleared!
I received the check 2 days later. It put me $1,400 ahead! I’m almost glad the company didn’t do what they were supposed to do last year!

3 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Wow. That's wonderful & VERY encouraging! Maybe it was the prayers that really kicked in and made things happen for you!

My BBB experience has truly sucked... & they've told me that my complaint, tho legit, was something that THEY couldn't handle... and to seek legal means WTF? A bad biz doing illegal business, cheating people, and getting away w/ it! That issue seemed tailor made for the BBB. But no! So I'm now working TWO jobs, just to be able to afford a decent lawyer and sue the offending company. I was starting to wonder of the BBB had become archaic, but at least in your case, that hasn't been the point.


Mad congrats to YOU!

One.

Val said...

Wowzer! That is indeed a story that tells us to have faith. And that despite living in a cynical world the right thing can happen.

Daij said...

Val, my mom always, " God always has a ram in the bush." She's right. I still freak out initially at the beginning of what I think is going to be a huge problem, but I remind myself that God has been working on the issue before the issue even presented itself.