15 July 2010

What inspires Alieux?

God didn’t promise me that life would be easy, and me for it’s been everything but easy. But what inspires me the most is knowing that God is still on the throne regardless, and that as long as I’m patient and focused  on Him and on doing what’s right, that He  will bless me when He is ready for me to blessed.  I’ve been impatient before, and took matters in my own hands- to disastrous results. I’ve learned my lesson and He’s put me back on track. My job makes me happy. I work with and for the coolest people. My boss is the nicest boss I have ever had.   I’m also inspired by hearing dramas of friends of mine- dramas that make my life seem like I have more to be thankful for than I realize.  My short story ideas inspire me. At any given moment I have 4 stories in my head, begging to be written down. My poems inspire me, though I can’t write one unless I’m either very angry about something, or hurt, or in love.  Langston Hughes’, James  Baldwin’s and Toni Morrison's writings inspires me. e..e. cummings ‘ , Amiri Baraka’s,  Haki R.Madhubuti’s, Nikki  Giovanni’s,  Sonia Sanchez’s, Mari  Evans’, and Maya Angelou’s poetry inspires me. My best friend Steve inspires me.  My mother’s voice inspires me-My friend Brian calling to tell me my 4 yr old God-daughter wanted to say hello to me…that’s the best thing ever.
What inspires you?

2 comments:

Kandia said...

I've found things go much smoother when I let go and let God align me with what he has for me.

To answer your question...music inspires me...the thought of a love made just for me inspires me...reading poetry inspires me. Very nice post.

Daij said...

Thank you Kandia!