02 December 2011

15 things you didn't know about me

Sallie Toussaint, born from Trinidiadian parents, she went on to win Miss Connecticut and then Miss World, 2007


1 There are other women I love more than Halle Berry.
2 I prefer old school r& b and rap to the current music.
3 I used to be vengeful, but now I let God handle those who do me wrong.
4 Prince can do no wrong.
5 I’m a romantic; so much so that I already know the song to which my bride will walk down the aisle.
6 I cooked breakfast and dinner for my sister, mom and myself every day as I was growing up.
7 I give Chante Moore’s Your Love Supreme cd to every female friend for their birthday.
8 I can speak Farsi.
9  When I was growing up my bedroom walls were covered with pics of Jayne Kennedy, Pam Grier,   
             Beverly Johnson, Diana Ross, Minnie Ripperton, Prince and Michael Jackson.
10 I’ve been known to get up to make breakfast on Saturdays, and go back to bed, easily sleeping until the evening, going out with friends and not have a problem sleeping that night.
11 I had a severe stuttering problem growing up which affected the way I relate to people. I don’t stutter anymore but I still, subconsciously go out of my way to make sure I am liked.

12 When my first girlfriend broke my heart ( I was 16 at the time), I mentioned it to my sister, knowing she liked to fight. My sister beat her ass in the middle of Sunday school.
13 I miss the music of Chante Moore and Prince circa 1999, and Jodeci
14 Even if I won the biggest Powerball jackpot ever, I would still work at my job-maybe just during the busy time of the month or whenever they needed me. That’s how much I love my job.
15 I'm grateful for every rejection, because it means I'm one more situation closer to my blessing.

7 comments:

Reggie said...

Lawd have mercy, I almost didn't read your post brother....damn that woman is gorgeous!!!

When I was a teenager I wanted to love Jayne Kennedy is a special way!!! Not that long ago I was bored and Googled her name. I was surprised to see that her Ex made a sex tape with her. I'd like to sit here and tell you that I didn't find it and watch it......and if you want, I'll lie and say that I didn't.

There is nothing more beautiful to me in the world than a woman of color. I have seen so many that have driven me to distraction in my life. Where women are concerned, I make no promises......that way I don't have to lie.

Nice post my brother.

jae october said...

Very introspective Daij!

I like these get to know me posts. Thanks. What I learned is that:

7. You have great taste in music. That album was so underrated.

9. You definitely have a good taste in women.

14. You are a better person than I am.

15. You are very introspective.

Daij said...

Thanks J, very kind words! But I'm introspective because as a kid I listened to everything my grandfather said, and he was right. With age comes wisdom!

Don said...

Upon first glance, I thought that was Beyonce in the picture...Sallie is a stunner.

Numbers 2, 4, 5 I wholeheartedly agree.

I salute you or any man as far as cooking breakfast for your mom and sister every day while growing up.

I like your sister. She is the truth. But Sunday school though? Lol.

Daij said...

Thanks Don! True! My sister beat the shit outta her. She was my pastor's daughter, and my family was immediately banished from the church by the pastor and his wife. But it turned out that we were asked to come back a month later by the members of the church. Everyone was glad the girl got her ass beat. I was so blindly in love I never saw the bad in her, but all the kids my age hated her. Yeah, about the cooking-- my mom still can't cook. And I had to teach my sister how to cook for her husband when she got married. He begged me to teach her because he was tired of tv dinners

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

This was a great post! 4, 5, 6 and 12
One thing people don't know about me. I used to love to fight. I was the one called. I would beat their azz and I had 2 fights at church as a teen. LOL!

Daij said...

hey Gorgeous Puddin, that's funny as hell! Just like my sister. My mom said I was like a doormat when it came to the girls I liked, but my sister was the truth. I love her for it. I used to hurt the guys that mistreated her and she used to beat up the girls that mis- treated me. I actually love a woman that can hold her own. When I have daughters I will be so protective of them. I'd want them to learn to kick a dude's ass if they did them wrong