11 April 2012

ABC TAPS ITS FIRST “BLACK” BACHELOR?

If you’ve never watched the show, it chronicles a single man’s pursuit of love as he dates several women who are competing for his love and undying affection … for life. It gets a little awkward in the house with nothing but women going after the same man.

Since the beginning, the bachelor character has ALWAYS been played by a white guy. The pool of women is diverse. But just like the movies, the black women are usually eliminated early on. SMDH!

"Bachelor” creator, Mike Fleiss, recently revealed, however, that it was never his intention for the show to be so white.
“It’s just that for whatever reason, they don’t come forward. I wish they would.”
 While it’s hopeful that the show will FINALLY pull this off, right now it’s really an idea since his “wish bachelor” has to audition for the show. Lamar met with ABC executives on Monday.
If things work out Lamar Hurd, a Portland, Oregon sports broadcaster, would be the first black bachelor on the show. Learn all about Lamar’s quest in the video below.


BOTTOMSCOOP: Is America ready for the first black Bachelor? I think we can all agree that most fans of the show have been ready for years, and would welcome a change from the franchise’s tired azzz give the Runner-Up Guy the Job formula. And after last season’s subpar ratings, what better way to re-energize the show than by doing something bold that will get people talking? Yep just ask BRAVO & VH1…they’ll tell you that black folks can bring in ratings BUT I should hedge that to say with “HEAVY RATCHEDNESS!!!” LOL! You know it’s true. LOL!




What do you think, would you watch the show?

--courtesy blackmediascoop
 
 
Since I have a Nielsen rating monitor on the television sets in my home, I'll watch it. I love seeing black people on tv. I just hope he'll have a selection of black women to chose from, and not 1 out of 25 women, all the rest of whom would be white. With one Latina thrown in for good measure.They should be predominantly black.







3 comments:

Val said...

I'd check it out. But I would be turned off really fast if the Black women or even any of the Black women were "ghetto".

Also the majority of the women should be Black. As in if there are 25 women then at least 22 should be Black.

This could be really good if done right or really bad if done wrong.

And how'd you get to be a Nielsen family?

Daij said...

Hey Val, stranger!

I agree whole heartedly. Some rep stoppbed the house and asked. i wasnt home but my housemates said yeah when they said we'd get paid 50 bucks each every other month.

Val said...

I had no idea how they recruited people and I didn't know they paid! Cool.