26 April 2012

WTF moment

So,

I'm on the train this morning headed to work, and this older white-haired lady is staring at me either  like she had never seen ablack man before or she was afraid I might beat her up.  I don't know what kind of look I had on my face (though most people say I always look pissed off until I smile), but the young man who was sitting with her smiled at me and said :

"Sorry for the stares, sir. This is my grandmother's first time outside of Finland. She's only seen black people for the first time this morning when I picked her up at the airport."

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! Just wow! Maybe she shoulda taken a picture. It woulda lasted longer.

One.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

That's really hard to believe. So am I to understand that there are no black people in Finland?? That's scary, but he could've prepared her with a conversation, books and magazines.