08 December 2010

En route

"Dear Lord,
Maybe, instead of sending me someone to love,
you could perhaps send me someone I could like,
and maybe eventually I could love her (and she could love me)?
After all, my relationships with my exes did start off as friends—
                                                                                                         ---who are still my friends:
  All 8 of them."

I know this may seem odd, but dreams are strange and illogical anyway...last night I had a dream that a black woman was sitting in the passenger seat of my car, and I was driving to Los Angeles.  What was odd about her, was that she had platinum blonde hair that reached her shoulders. As dark skinned as she was, she had blue eye contacts though she tried to convince me that was real eye color. She had a full upper lip that she admitted was surgically plumped up (she said she couldn't afford to get the lower lip done), while on the other side of her mouth she was telling me about how real she was and how she hated fakeness. She was wrapped in one of my burgundy bath towels because she said that she had some Kim Kardashian stuff done and that only Gabriel Aubrey could see her body.  I drove her to her home in Los Angeles and her house looked like the first place we ( my family ) lived, when we moved from New York City to one of the armpits of Wisconsin, Racine.  When I told her I didn't want to talk to her again, she put her hands together as if to pray, but out of her mouth came the voice I recognized all my life; my own, and she was saying what is written above.
is Someone trying to tell me something?

2 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Really liked this, very vivid and totally interesting.

25champ said...

I dn't know if he is tryna tell u anything, but it is def somthn 2 ponder.