13 December 2010

I think it was December

 i think it w
i think it was december.
there was a cold wisconsin wind.
your love, i can remember,
welcomed me like an old friend.

i recall it being cold,
because we skated on the lake.
(the secrets that we told;
the love we used to make

the dreams we used to share,
each sealed with a kiss.
a love beyond compare
that i truly miss)

the first day the robins sang
God took you away,
now, every time i hear one sing
i think of that day.

sure as there are stars above,
as far as i can remember,
i have never felt so loved.
i think it was december. 

                                          --from The Love Experience, Pt1,   by Alieux Casey    ( 1990)
 

i think it was                                                       

3 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

No matter the month or the season, 'I think' I like this poem. Brings up all kinds of memories in the mentality of my heart.

I think this poem is ART!


One.

JT said...

It is December and that is a good post.

Daij said...

Thank you, moanerplicity, jt, and wonder man!