11 August 2010

and there you were

in my search for someone to complete me
(i prayed for you
) & in my search for that missing piece
         to the puzzle that was my life
( i prayed for you
)  beyond laughter
             happiness
             on the outside looking in
             and watching friends take for granted
             what I hold so precious
(i prayed for you
)       I am asked for advice
            what to do to fix a relationship
            what to do to maintain one
            or attain one,
            and being shown gratitude for telling and doing the right things
(i was alone, and i prayed for you
        i needed substance, and
(i prayed for you
)       not knowing that you would appear
        before me
        looking at me
        as if I were the answer to your prayers
                as well
        as you were/are to mine:
        in my search for
        someone to step up to the plate
        to, at the very least, not show indifference
        towards me
        and to care enough to want to fight for me
        though I am opposed to violence
(i prayed for you
)       & there you were,
        with someone else.
        I knew I had to fight to get you.

        I wonder why it took so long to find you?
        Was God waiting for a time in my life
        When I would appreciate you more?
        He was right.

I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed  and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and
prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I
prayed and I prayed  and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and--
here you are
(Thank You) 
--alexgeorge


I remember when my ex referred to me (to her friends) as her boyfriend. I was wondering when our relationship would become official- I was afraid she would think I was rushing it after a month of daily lunches, dinners, daily workout sessions, consecutive evening sessions, so I had the biggest smile on my face, when she said what she had said.   Anyway, earlier that day, she called me and said she was having a bad day, and she asked if I could write her a poem.  The above was what I had written within that next hour, and I drove to her job and gave it to her.  Then she said it was time I met her friends.

I still appreciate her.

Oh well... 
:(


 


1 comment:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Wow!!!! Beautiful piece. You are very talented to be able to write that so quickly. Again wow!