16 August 2010

lets talk about/think about beautiful things for a change

In addition to God,
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my mom.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my entire family.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my biological mother, even if I don't know who she is
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my biological siblings, even if I don't know who they are.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my father, even though he didn't love me.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my God Daughter and her entire family
If there’s one thing I love,it’s my God son and his entire family
If there’s one thing I love, it’s my best friend and his family
If there’s one thing I love, it’s poetry.
If there’s one thing I love,it’s cooking and baking for family and friends
If there’s one thing I love, it’s that God blessed me with a vehicle the weekend before my job moved to the other side of town
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when people can’t believe I’m over 35
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when people will let me in front of them in the grocery line if I have a handful of items.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when I bring a cake to work or parties and people can’t believe I baked it
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when a friend hired me to make her wedding cake.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when a friend asked me to write a poem to be read at her wedding
If there’s one thing I love, it’s having a job that I love
If there’s one thing I love, it’s The Boondocks
If there’s one thing I love, it’s sarcasm
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when a guy cut me off in a jaguar this morning and raced down the street and was stopped by the cops at the next block for speeding.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when people are lying to me and they don’t know that I know they’re lying.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when I find a 20-dollar bill in my gym bag
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when my accent becomes a conversation peace (people always ask what Caribbean Island I am from)
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when kids ask me what football team I play for.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when my nephew waits at the curb in the morning on the day I'm flying in to Madison Wisconsin.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s that I don't live in the midwest anymore.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when my closest friends and family realize tomorrow isn't promised to us and they understand why I say i love you, at the end of every call.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s seeing a mother, father, and kids, playing, laughing and smiling.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s feeling my grandfather's presence when I'm cooking. He spent every waking moment in the kitchen and that was our bonding time. He even died in the kitchen cooking, doing what he loved.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s finding that though rush card  has a $1.00 fee for every debit transaction, they credit it back my account each month, and they deposited $75 in my account over the weekend, the day before my rent is due. I was $10 short, and now I'm $65 ahead.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s that God is good.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when I can go a 24 hour period without eating anything sweet
If there’s one thing I love, it’s when an attractive woman that I don't know smiles at me and says hi
If there’s one thing I love, it’s that I get to live during a time when a black man is president of the United States
If there’s one thing I love, it’s the idea of love itself














No comments: