23 August 2010

In music

---So I got in my car and headed to work. I had a lot on my mind, and with the drive being about 30 minutes, it gave me enough time to worry about things and to get my mood right for working on a Monday morning. Then I turned on the radio to listen to NPR, and then the announcer said “We’re in the middle of a Miles Davis and John Coltrane marathon for your morning ride.“  Miles Davis and John Coltrane are my all-time favorite musicians. And the first song I heard was So What.

And when I realized I was pulling up in the parking lot at my job I wondered why I didn’t remember the drive there.


Getting lost can be a good thing...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post bro - as you know, I'm a huge music fan and frequently call on music to take me away from my commutes.

Walt

Rich said...

My ipod connection in my car has been on the fritz for a few days, and all this weekend. I get in my car this morning and start it up and the thing is working. I got to listen to Aimee Mann all the way in to the office and it put me in a very good mood! I know how you are feeling.

Val said...

Wow, this happens to me but with my ipod. If I'm listening to the right playlist I totally get lost in the music! Wonderful isn't it!

Daij said...

:0 yeah i love when that happens. its to me, a sign that today was going to be a good day. and it was.