30 August 2010

Jacob & Rachel

I googled "Bible verses about love" and this was the first one I found:

And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.
 Genesis 29:20 kjv

In this story, Jacob falls in love with Rachel, Laban’s younger daughter, and arranges to marry her.  As payment to his uncle, he agrees to work for him for seven years in order to marry Rachel.  And Jacob clearly loved Rachel very much.

I couldn't pass it by without posting it. It made me smile.
Love makes me smile.

Is there/has there been someone in your life for whom you would work 7 years?  Would they do the same for you, if they had to?

8 comments:

Reggie said...

Seven years huh?!? Sounds like Jacob went through his very own pon farr.

Daij said...

lol pon farr?

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Jacob worked 7 years for Rachel's hand but Laban tricked Jacob and had him marry Rachel's sister Leah who was older first and with the promise to work for Laban 7 more years he was allowed to marry Rachel a week later. So he in total Jacob worked 14 years for Rachel. That is love!

Daij said...

You're right. tThat's love, but you know what? I would have done it as well, for my love, my soulmate.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Really??? I don't know anybody who would do that these days. Interesting :)

Daij said...

No doubt about it, I would do that!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

I still in awe by your answer

Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQRzrnH6_HY

LOL!

Daij said...

LOL.. Love that song. Isn't that the definition of love? That there's nothing you wouldn't do? I feel another blog entry coming on, about the lengths people would go through for love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NWcKK2FscY