19 May 2010

divine intervention

God knows what we need
before we even know
we’re in need,
and in His infinite wisdom,
He sets things in motion
so that everything can be in alignment
for His blessing.
some occurrences don't seem to make sense;
we always want Him to hurry up with the blessing.
I know this personally;
I asked Him to get me back on track career-wise.
I was stuck at a low-paying dead end job.
meanwhile one of my close friends met a girl,
dated her,
fell in love,
and planned a wedding.
someone here took a different job.
her previous job was vacant and they posted for it.
someone was hired.
that hiring caused another vacancy
and they posted for it.
someone was hired.
then her previous position was vacant.

I had given up the job search,
deciding to tough it out at the job I hated,
and planned to come to Portland
to be the best man at my friend’s wedding.
a recruiter called me out of the blue,
asked how I felt about Portland.
I told him I would be there in 4 days
for a wedding!
I interviewed for that job
which was what I had been looking for,
got the job,
and I have never been happier....

(it was as if that last job was given to me just so that I could have something to do until this one was ready for me)

No comments: