13 May 2010

One who asks a question is a fool for five
minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool 
forever.
                                                            -- Chinese proverb

I used to be afraid to ask questions.

Through experience I learned to ask how to do something if I didn't know how to do it. 
I would rather do that, now, than to pretend I do know (for fear of being thought of as stupid, or told that I should know how to do it by now)  how to do something and mess it up.
So I tell my nephew all the time, ask questions. If something doesn't make sense, seek answers.


After all, the Bible does say seek and ye shall find,  right?

1 comment:

Don said...

Same here. I will ask a question in a heartbeat, and I have advised my daughter to do the same.

Makes perfect sense.