10 May 2010

The Chosen

What do I have in common with:



JESUS
Babe Ruth
Bo Diddley
Deborah Harry
Malcolm X
Steve Jobs
Scott Hamilton
Marilyn Monroe
Melissa Gilbert
Faith Hill
Jamie Foxx
Jesse Jackson
Edgar Allan Poe
Daunte Culpepper
Eleanor Roosevelt
Leo Tolstoy
John Lennon
M o s e s
Nancy Reagan
Nat King Cole
Nelson Mandela
President Gerald Ford
President William Clinton
Priscilla Presley
Ray Liotta
Tim McGraw
Tommy Davidson
Victoria Rowell
George Washington Carver
Sarah McLachlan
Aristotle
Edward Albee
Langston Hughes
Christina Crawford
       ?
we were adopted.

Did you also know Jesus was adopted? It's often easy to forget that Joseph was Jesus' earthly father — they had no biological connection but the relationship was very significant and real.


In the movie Mommie Dearest,  Joan Crawford told Christina, "adopted children are luckiest because they were chosen."  


I feel humbled and honored to be part of this group. I, too, was chosen, and I feel lucky. And blessed. My mom chose me at 11 months of age...she said I was ill, and no one wanted me. But she did. Why, she doesn't know. She said she loved me the second she saw me. And the rest is history.




This is a repost














No comments: