12 February 2010

Les Flueres





A pretty day is u & me

In-

cluding

your smile: your laugh

gets me

moves me

touches me

as if with a flower

opening

blooming

multiplying

inside me

a bouquet

smelling sweet

I have in my hand

Making my day prettier

your smile,

produced/Growing stretching

across

continents connecting continents

warm as the sun on my brown skin

then hot fragrant with the scent

rising/

with the closed eyes

you see the me

that others fail to see

with the eyes opened;

you smell like my day

a pretty day

is u in the air around me

moving through me.


by Alexgeorge

I never know when a poem idea will occur. I'm always in the mood to write short stories; there's never a shortage of ideas, but if I sit down with the intention of composing a poem it will never come. I have to write poems when the inspiration hits me. The above poem came to me last night. At the gym. I was on a stationery bike, watching South Park. I had to get off the bike, get a pen and piece of paper from the front desk, write it up, and get back on the bike once it was written.
I edited it once I got home.

No, I'm not in love.
 I'm in between loves,
 just going by memory.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. I don't know what else to say. This came to you while you were watching South Park? What was that episode about, and can I borrow this poem, and tell my girlfriend I wrote it?