16 February 2010

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
  Proverbs 3:5


…yesterday morning, in my email was a notice of a bill that I forgot about  (due on the 10th), so when I reluctantly called them to ask what the late charges were, the woman said,

“you’re up to date.”


I said, “are you sure?”


She said: “yes, I’m sure.”


I said, “can you please check again?”

And when she returned she said, “sir, our records say that you paid earlier this morning. You’re up to date.”


I didn’t pay earlier this morning. I didn’t argue with her. I documented her name and the time I called. I said goodbye and I hung up. Not believing the miracle ( it’s a $168 bill), I called back and spoke to another customer service rep and who confirmed what the previous woman told me. My checking and credit card account doesn’t show that payment.

Now if only my rent could be paid, the same way ( but I'm grateful enough)

No comments: