10 February 2010

Have you ever said something you wish you could take back? I don’t mean, something rude or lacking in class. I have a really bad habit of offering to help people. I refer to it as a bad habit because in my times of crisis, I find that I have to practically beg people to come to my aid.Recently a friend mentioned that he and his wife had brought their first home and would be moving. Before I had realized it, I was opening my mouth, and the following words were uttered,
“I’ll help you move.”
Almost immediately, I regretted it and hoped he wouldn’t need my assistance. Through the years I have had to beg or pay people to help me move, and they have all either turned a deaf ear, or cancelled at the last minute, or failed to show up (or didn’t answer their phone) on moving day.
I guess I’ll never learn!
I was actually relieved when he said; “Thanks. It’s cool. We hired a moving service. ‘
Secretly I made a sigh of relief. This time I managed to stop myself before saying:
“Well, if you need some more help, let me know,”
And instead I said, “ok.”

No comments: