21 February 2010

overheard today

Overheard today
Where: on the train to downtown Portland.
Blonde girl:   I’m so pissed.
Asian girl: why?
Blonde girl: my parents cut my allowance in half, and now I have to take the train to Portland to go shopping because I can’t afford to buy clothes and pay for gas!
Asian girl: your parents pay you an allowance?
Blonde girl: yeah, don’t you get an allowance?
Asian girl: I have a parttime  job after school.
Blonde girl: I didn’t know you worked after school. But you live at home. Why don’t your parents give you an allowance?
Asian girl: They just never have. I wanted my own money.
Blonde girl: That’s so weird.
Asian girl: What’s weird is that you’re living with your boyfriend and your parents pay your portion of the rent and utilities and you’re still getting an allowance.
The blonde girl, looking at the Asian girl as if horns were protrudung out of her head, said:  Why do you think that’s weird?
Asian girl: Anyway, why did they cut your allowance in half?
Blonde girl: My dad got fired from his job. Something about the economy being bad. And next, he’s going to expect me to get a job to pay for everything myself! I just know it!
The Asian girl rolled her eyes.  
So did I.

3 comments:

Don said...

My dad got fired from his job. Something about the economy being bad. And next, he’s going to expect me to get a job to pay for everything myself! I just know it!

Daij, she has it made, doesn't she? She does ... but then again she doesn't.

LOL!

Daij said...

She has no idea how bad it is out there! Spoiled!

Don said...

Exactly!