03 November 2010

another example of why every single vote counts

:-)


The race for Governor of Oregon was neck and neck all election night and through the day, and Democratic candidate John Kitzhaber won by as little as a half of one percentage point. Luckily Multnomah County (Portland's county, being  heavily democratic) helped him to chip away at his Republican oponent's lead.       Tim Hibbits, Fox 12 political analyst said "it's like a basketball game where the team simply traded baskets all the way through the game and the last team to have the ball shot it in and scored, and effectively that's what happened here."
I'm glad to know Oregon still is governed by a Democrat. 
I repeat, Kitzhaber won by as little as a half of one percentage point. Again, Kitzhaber won by as little as a half of one percentage point. So, if you think your vote doesn't count, think again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your vote does count... depending on who you are.

Mizrepresent said...

I agree, every vote counts. No complaining now if you didn't exercise your right to vote.

Daij said...

you're so right

Reggie said...

I vote in every election. I do it because I feel it's both my civic duty and a right that my ancestors were denied and spilled precious blood to get.

I've heard many people over the years carry on about how their lone vote doesn't count. I just shake my head and lose a little more respect for them each time they say it.

Every single vote counts, even in a blowout.

Daij said...

And I vote for those same reasons. Your sentiment towards those non-voters? I have the exact same response