12 November 2010

Thanks!

 
The front of my birthday card
Thank you, to all who wished me a happy birthday yesterday! Your birthday wishes made the day go by easily.  It really meant alot to me. 48 isn't as painful as I thought it would be (between me and you, it would have been nice if I had someone special to wake up next to me to tell me happy birthday, but I digress). The first thing I did, after realizing I had indeed  awakened, is, I got on my knees and I thanked God for waking me up and blessing me to see another year. I wanted that to be the first thing I did- to give Him the glory and the praise.  I've needed Him in the past, and I will definitely need Him in the present and future.
The inside of the card
I only received one birthday card, but even if I had received a whole bunch of cards, the card I did receive would be the best one; it came from my Goddaughter and her parents, and she had drawn a picture on it for me. I love her art work and I have my office walls covered with pictures my nephew made for me when he was 4, her age, and I have a few from her as well. There is something special about any gift that is made from the heart.
  I always take it for granted that my family and friends will remember, especially since it shows up on their Facebook calendars, and since I always remember their birthdays and I always offer to take my local friends out to dinner or drinks, but after today I'll be saving some money.  I have to give credit to my friend Scott who treated me to lunch a week ago because his family was going to be in Georgia this week, to my friend Rich who invited me to watch a funk band play last night ( up until then I had spent the entire day by myself), to Valerie, who I met at the gym a few days ago who invited me to lunch today and to Ahmad, who's wife cooked a great Moroccan meal earlier tonight. And to my best friend Steve, who's attending seminary school in Berkeley. I'm going to visit him next week. That, I'm excited about.

4 comments:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Happy belated birthday D,I hope you enjoyed the marking of your birth.

Daij said...

thanks!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Whaat! Berkeley as in Berkeley CA????? That's my town LOL!

Daij said...

yep! I will be there from the 17 -21st