06 November 2010

to whom it may concern

Your need to constantly denigrate the value of others comes from your own self-consciousness. Dig deep to find the source of pain/hurt in your life and do the repairs. When you arrive at a place where you don't feel the need to belittle everyone else in order to validate your own self-worth, you will have advanced the journey of self-healing. --Johnathan Fields 

I saw this quote on  the above site, and I knew exactly who it would be about if I had written it, but I didn't write it. A professional speaker named Jonathan Fields wrote it.  I found it on this blog If my job wasn't so important to me, I would recite the above quote to this person, word for word. But I'll just recite the above quote to myself-for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like the person who wrote this quote was speaking to everyone who has ever been hateful towards me.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

I deal with people on a daily basis who need this qoute.
I have a boss who resents my knowledge of our business,so I simply deal with him with a long handle spoon!

Mizrepresent said...

Now that was the truth!

Daij said...

thanks @ Mizrepresent! and @bigmac, that was funny. My boss is really really cool. i have a coworker who has been at the company for 15 yrs. she really knows her job more than the boss. and she intimidates everyone, but me. and unfortunately she's my go-to person for questions. so i struggle with her talking down to me. no one will put her in her place.

Don said...

Truth.

I read a quote on Twitter the other day that spoke of people should pray for & encourage others instead of the latter.

I wholeheartedly agreed.

Some do, many don't.