05 November 2010

Thank God for small favors

A friend of mine got hijacked at gunpoint last week. It's one of those things that happens sometimes in Johannesburg, South Africa.
"We say

'At least you're ok' a lot here," She told me. 
A couple years ago she told me there was a bank robbery and gunfire where she was working as a loan officer  and instinctively she fell to the floor on her stomach and lied there next to her client who had just been shot along with a few other bank customers and employees. She was playing dead until they made their get away. 
I still wanna go there someday. 




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's crazy. Thank goodness they still have their life. Aside from what I just read, I've heard nothing but good things about Johannesburg & would like to visit one day.

Daij said...

yeah, i'd still like to go there too

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Now that is a photo.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

What?

I am finally on your blog roll? I shall add you now my friend.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

BTW, you are one of the few people that has customized his Blogger template so that I like it as much as mine (2). I know it is just opinion but still.:)

Daij said...

thanks

I try to improve on. i'm not reaally technically savvy but i do my best.