11 November 2010

I was, I am

48 years 9 months ago God created

me-
the essence of
me /
He design-
ed me
He
placed me
in someone’s womb/
further shaping me
painting my dna brown.
(it’s only a guess
that she was of a similar hue)
He was preparing me for this world.
designating me for something 
for someone
The reason is still a mystery.

& 48 years ago
I was born:


denied of my bloodline:
I became,
and in becoming,
unbeknownst to me
I became someone else;
my loyalty 
unrelenting towards the fractured line of caseys.
I'm slowly evolving


after having become
(I’m told by my mother)
what a king’s supposed to be.

I wonder what  will year 48 bring?
the mystery is still unfolding.
perhaps it's what I will make it bring?

                     --Alexgeorge, for The Xande

(in all Thy ways God, I will follow & acknowledge You. Please direct my path) Amen

16 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

This was a deep piece of literary self-examination, leading to self-illumination, man. & Happy Upcoming Natal Day To You!


Snatch JOY!

One.

Daij said...

thank you so much man!

Mizrepresent said...

Beautiful! Happy Birthday!

Daij said...

Thank you!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! BIRTHDAY!!!
As usual your poetry ROCKS!!
Have the BEST week ever!! I celebrate all week! LOL!

*throws confetti, blows horns and lets balloons go in your honor*

25champ said...

This was amazing and hppy bday 4 we all have purpose and meaning and a part of history weather major or small. We have effects on other lives and creates more history with other ppl. I love this!

Daij said...

Thank you champ & gorgeous

Val said...

Very nice! Happy birthday, Daij!!

Daij said...

Thank you Val!

Wonder Man said...

Happy Birthday, Daij

Daij said...

Thank you! :)

Kandia said...

This was nice. Happy Birthday :-)

Renaissance Man said...

Happy birthday my dear friend of so many years, birthdays, events, stories, joy, sadness, fun, and inspiration.

Daij said...

@ Kandia, thanks,

and my best friend Steve ( Renaissance Man) thanks

jae october said...

forgive me for being late but, Happy Birthday Good Brother!

Daij said...

Thanks Jason!