30 March 2010

I spend too much time indoors.
I do love the sun, blue skies, and the heat,
but until I can afford that bungalow
overlooking a Jamaican sunset,
Until I can own that Bed & Breakfast
in the south of France or Belgium,
I'm gonna sit right here,
at home,
or in the library,
or in my living room,
or some other place,
working on my novel,
working on poetry collections,
and working on my short story collections

on my lap top
trying to get things published.

a couple years ago, I saw in a sandwich shop of all places, a sign that read;

NOW IS THE TIME TO DO WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO SO THAT ONE DAY YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.

But,
even today,
if I owned that  bungalow in Jamaica
or owned that bed & breakfast in France or Belgium,
I would still be writing as much as I do now.
Writing is something I love doing.

1 comment:

Don said...

Man. You are sweet with the prose. So eloquent and eventful.

Writing is something I have always enjoyed, as long as I can remember.