31 March 2010

I would like to call it beauty

It’s the contour of your cheekbones

it’s the curve of the hip
the contours of the face
felt gently
across
the finger
traced from the small of the back

the waist
caressed grabbed held
close-
with the eyes
closed;
I feel the corners of your lips
Upward/
your hands held in mine tightly
as if afraid I might leave-

you always know how to bring a smile to my face:

(from the length
the width
the height
of you)    the eyes open. &     we     connect-
we love.     we connect-
we love.     we connect-
we love.
we love.


do you think I would leave the most accurate definition of beauty I have ever seen
now that I see it?

I’m not going anywhere.
I promise

                                --alexgeorge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will admit i am in love with your poetry

Don said...

Tight prose.