18 March 2010

Sometimes


  • People look for others to surrender while pretending to be supportive.

  •  I wish I were taller.

  • I pretend that my cell phone dropped a call.

  • My alarm clock doesn’t alarm.

  • I actually remember to take the cell phone off ‘silent’ after work.

  • I can sleep right through a thunderstorm but will wake up if someone turns the TV off.

  • I forget how much I am loved by family and friends

  • People think before talking

  • I wonder if Portland is where I’m supposed to be

  • I wonder if I will ever have a group of black friends the way I did in Milwaukee, Dc, and Silver Spring Md.

  • I wonder why little white kids stare at me on the train (when I'm clean-shaven) until one of them will approach me to ask I was Emmet Smith

  • I wonder if I will be the next Langston Hughes or e.e. cummings.

  • Sometimes I wonder if I’m a reincarnation of e.e. cummings since he had died the month I was conceived.

  • I avoid people who ask me if I like Portland yet.

  • love like how I look in the mirror

  • I’m good with my diet and exercise

  • I get bad feelings about something and the feelings become justified

  • I hate when people, over the phone assume I'm white, and then tell a racist joke

  • I have to remember that after I’ve handed my problems over to God, to not try to take them back

  • I wonder if Janet Jackson will ever have another hit album

  • I wonder if Prince will ever do music as great as the 1999 and Purple Rain Cds

  • I wonder if Lauryn Hill or D'Angelo will ever make a comeback

  • I hear Prince's instrumental Venus De Milo and I envision my bride walking down the aisle to the song.

  • I wonder if I should bake cakes on the side, to make extra money

  • I hate my guidance counselor in high school who talked me out of architectural school

  • I look back at how I got over my mental and physical abuse at the hands of my father
  • I want to run as fast as I can or to scream as loud as I can but my voice is too deep

  • I’m bad with my diet and exercise

  • I wonder if everyone reaps what they sow in this life or the next
  • I wonder if I was a rich white man who had many lovers in a previous life (the opposite of this one)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...new to your blog, found you over at don's

LOL @ I pretend my cell phone drops calls...I do that all the time even though I know I shouldn't.

I really enjoy some of the poems you have up here and plan to come back to see more!

Bree

Daij said...

Hi Bree

I'm always appreciative of people reading my blog. Because I love to write I would probably do so even if no one read it, but it's still nice that someone reads it. I love yours too. I love reading inspirational words

madhattermike said...

As Rudyard Kipling said 'if is the middle word in life'.