25 March 2010

IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

I would say that I'm  needy. Not for attention from people, because I'm very independent and prefer to be my self for the most part (I have short stories, poems, and a novel to work on), but for blessings from God. Before I ask for things, though, I do start off each prayer by first thanking Him for what He's already given me. I think it's important to show my appreciation for what I have before asking for something I still need.

This morning I'm thankful for;

  •     I wasn't in the mood for my 30-minute walk to work, until half-way towards work  I saw a man in a wheelchair, headed in the same direction,  using his feet to push himself down the street. I completely changed my attitude, asking myself, why am I complaining and I became grateful that I am able to walk.
  •     I have a job that I truly love. The unemployment rate right now is pretty high, and alot of people can't say that they have a job that they love.
  •     I woke up this morning. Some people didn't wake up.
              I'm thankful for lots more, but those were foremost in my mind.

No comments: