14 October 2010

I love action movies about car chases and explosions and gunfire and psychic phenomena and revenge fantasies and alternate universes, but my favorite movies are about love and the melodrama that surrounds it. In any other movie genre I like originality. I like not knowing how it's going to end. I like being at the edge of my seat, but with movies about love, I like predictability. I like the idea of someone finding their love, losing them  due to some misunderstanding (or family issue, racism, etc) and eventually getting back with them, and the two of them living happily after. Yes, I’m a hopeless romantic. I believe in love, even though I haven't been successful here in Portland.
My favorite is perhaps Brown Sugar, Claudine, and Love & Basketball, and Something New. Even Diary of a Mad Black Woman.
What is your favorite genre and what is your favorite movie of that genre?

5 comments:

Wonder Man said...

Claudine was the bomb

Daij said...

true dat!

Val said...

I really don't have a favorite genre. I just like good films.

Please check out 'Medicine for Melancholy', Daij.

I think you'll love it.

Daij said...

Thanks I'll netflix it in a few minutes!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Brownsugar is my movie! Everyone loves Love Jones 1st. It's my 2nd fav.