19 October 2010

Tomorrow
and tomorrow,and tomorrow;Creeps in this petty pace from day to day;To the last syllable of recorded timeand all our yesterdays have lighted fools,the way to dusty death.Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow;A poor player
that struts and frets his hour upon the stageAnd then is heard no more;It is a taletold by an idiot, full of sound and fury,Signifying nothing.

---Life's Brief Candle, William Shakespeare 

Been asking myself a lot lately: what do I want?


This poem is striking, to me, because it's not so much about the mammoth topic of the meaningless-ness of life, but about decisions we make, which we do make on a daily basis. How will I ever know if one is better than the other? Even after I've chosen one, I might never know if I made the right choice. But it would be really terrible to discover that you've made the wrong choice. For me, currently, it's whether I should go to cooking school and become a certified gourmet chef or baker,  or take scriptwriting classes in order to write and sell screenplays. Both of these are where my passion lies

2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

I've thinking that a lot about scriptwriting

Daij said...

I like your current script idea, i saw on your blog yesterday