03 October 2010

sleep deprivation always provides insights normal amounts of sleep deny. i was watching one of those reality tv shows that- you wouldnt admit to watching publically yet stay up late watching while everyone you live with is asleep- and the judges were considering whom to send home. and they looked at one contestant- and said, "I don't see you as the next big food network star." maybe in ten years- maybe in twenty.

taken aback I spoke back to the tv, " And I could be a famous poet, author, playwright in the next ten years and halle berry, angela bassett , kerry washington , nicole ari parker , denzel washington , morris chestnut , taraji p parker , cuba gooding jr , regina king , jesse williams , viveca a fox, gabriel union, michael jai parker , lammon rucker , malik yoba , sharon leal , loretta devine , jill scott , richard jones , tasha smith , cicely tyson , and louis gossett jr would have more than enough opportunities for positive movie roles rather then the few they have now, based  on my short stories. and it just might happen." There are many things I could be in twenty years- and it is important that my eyes do not wander from the consequences of the choices I make; however I have today. and today, that man was not the next food network star. and today, I am here.

2 comments:

Reggie said...

Excellent perspective.......

Daij said...

thanks man