24 October 2010

tell me something good

i had a really great performance review  the other day. turns out that i am well liked and appreciated by the people that count, like my boss, her boss, and my sales staff, and not one single complaint or concern! 3 years in a row! and my raise is retroactive to october 1, so my next pay check will be nice (i'm going to get my mom a gas card- she is always in need of gas money, transporting her day care kids to and from home and the doctor's office)

my sister's house was destroyed by fire a week ago, click here  which is something bad, but she was fully covered insurance-wise, and everyone survived (their puppy did not though) without any injuries  and she's able to rebuild and have an even better house than she did before. All their material possessions are gone, but when we die, we can't take them with us anyway. i'm thankful to God that my sister's stepson got home in time and shook my nephew awake and they escaped the house in time.

2 comments:

Val said...

Congratulations on the review and the raise!

Sorry to hear about your sister's misfortune but glad everyone is okay.

Daij said...

Thank you Val