05 October 2010

While Listening to Fantasia's " I'm Doin Me "

My ex called me.
The morning after her wedding.
Her husband, of 18 hours, informed her of a faux pas she committed that night in the heat of passion, and later while she was asleep.
Instead of saying " Oh Mahmoud",
She said " Oh Alieux".

And when her radical muslim brothers gave mahmoud permission to 'punish' her with the back and the front of his hand should she ever humiliate him, she left the honeymoon suite, made flighte reservations for 2 to Guadaloupe. Her brothers are on the no-fly list.
She called me, asking me to get to the airport asap to pick up my ticket.
I told her I was already at the airport waiting for my flight to Wisconsin, and she should invite her mother or he sisters to meet her instead.

I've always wanted to go to Guadaloupe.

7 comments:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

wow that was deep! what are you going to do?

Daij said...

no question. i saw my mom, and am having the best time. She was overwhelmed when she saw me, she cried and hugged me for about 15 minutes. And she told everyone who called her the next day to tell her happy birthday, what her son did. I wouldn't trade that for nothing. Besides, Shakara is married now. Her brothers (radical muslims) want her out of my life as well. I'm not trying to even have that kind of drama anymore. My mom has spent all her birthdays and mothers days alone since I left Wisconsin 3 yrs ago. I decided she wasn't going to do that anymore

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

see you got me teary again with that sweet son stuff! *smile* I'm so happy for your mom!

WoW! Radical muslims???? that just sounds so very dangerous!!! You be safe and make wise choices!

So they didn't want you two to marry due to muslim and/or race issues?

Daij said...

I'd want her to return to Christianity, where she was before I met her, and for the 6 yrs we were together. Now that she's back to Islam, her brothers told me to become Muslim, or have nothing to do with her. However, they are aware that she calls me and visits me. The problem they have, "their words" is that she has become Americanized- in which she has her opinions and does what she wants without listening to the men in her family- which is dangerous for her and not for me. They have even asked me to change my number, which I won't do. I know, strange, but truth is stranger than fiction.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

WoW! You're right! It's like a scene from a movie and this is your real life! Again wow! It's really strange to me the world's perception of what it is to be American. She became independent and who wouldn't want to be free from what sounds like a very oppressive family. But I do agree with you! She is married now! That changes everything. Was she forced??

Daij said...

No, she doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do. She said she believed she loved him-

Gorgeous_Puddin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.