29 October 2010

listening to ...Christopher Cross

 When my freshman college roommate wasn't playing the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or The Doobie Brothers on my turntable, he was playing this song, ad nauseum. I've intentionally not heard this song since 1986.  Today I heard it on the radio, and it instantly took me back, to the beginning of my life as an adult, moving away from my  family in Wisconsin and going to college in Tennessee...(back when I had no bills, and getting drunk on the weekends partying it up in Knoxville --those were the days).

8 comments:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

I like his music,different and upbeat,puts me in a time period of no worries.

Daij said...

"a time period of no worries" that was more perfect than what i wrote in my blog entry. A time of no worries. I had not a single worry. I miss those days.

Reggie said...

Fortunately I didn't hear a lot of this, my roommate actually liked Luther and Anita Baker.

But this isn't so bad, I've always enjoyed a little Christopher Cross every now and again.

Daij said...

it's aiight

Val said...

"I've intentionally not heard this song since 1986."

Lol!

I avoid certain songs too.

Daij said...

@Val, you like that sentence? LOL

thanks

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! I once worked in a record store, & was CLOWNED relentlessly for digging this cat's music. I didn't care! Dug me some "Sailin'" & "Ride Like The Wind". People can often be so limited in their musical tastes. But, like Ray Charles said: "There's only two kinds of music: good & bad!"


One.

Daij said...

LOL I have actually bought music and told my friends at the record store that my Goddaughter begged me to buy it for her(but it was for me)!