25 October 2010

What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it - would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.  --Ralph Marston


Sometimes when I'm praying to God, I forget to give thanks first, before launching into asking Him for what I need.  When I was  a child,  I asked my mother  to listen to my prayer. My mom is a religious, praying woman and she told us about the power of prayer.I was concerned because my prayers weren't being answered and I thought that maybe I wasn't praying right.  She told me to give thanks first, then to pray for others, and then for myself.  I've been doing that ever since. I do slip up sometimes, when I'm frantic about something. I'll even pray the same prayer over and over, asking God to please 'gimme this or gimme that', and then I catch myself and I stop and give thanks. I want Him to know that I appreciate what He's done for me, as He's done alot.  He already knows what I need anyway.

No comments: