21 October 2010

this is a poem i have yet to write.

when the words come to me, it still won't be as beautiful as this picture.
i love seeing pictures like this.
is it because there was no male father figure when i was growing up and i fantasized having a family like this, or is it because images like this are so rare outside of a church that seeing it makes me smile,
or both?
i remember when i was a child, any black man i saw that didn't have a ring on his finger, i would tell them about my mother. i wanted a dad badly.  my sister would be upset because in her mind, her father was always around...
for Her.

3 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Very poignant entry, man. I'll await that poem, which, will no doubt be powerful & heartfelt.

One.

Daij said...

Thank you, moanerplicity. I'll await it as well.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful sentiment behind it. I pray that God grants you this type of happiness in the very near future...

I know that poem will be awesome!